Source: Courtesy of Matrix
The staying power of balayage is undeniable and if post-pandemic fall hair color trends are any indication, the classic freehand highlighting technique has crept back up to the top of the list as one of the most requested services. And in honor of #NationalBalayageWeek, Matrix Artistic Director Danielle Keasling (@danielle.keasling) walks us through her favorite balayage technique every step of the way. Check it out the video for the step-by-step and the breakdown of her formulas below to create your best balayage looks.
• 1:1 Light Master & 10 Volume Matrix Cream Developer
• Increase developer strength to 20 Volume as moving up the head
• Light Master & Freehand Additive & 30 Volume Matrix Cream Developer
Lowlights (alternate placement):
• 1:1 Color Sync 6N & 10 Volume Matrix Cream Developer
• 1:1 Color Sync 8N & 10 Volume Matrix Cream Developer
• 1:1 Color Sync 10P & 10 Volume Matrix Cream Developer
• 1:1 Color Sync Acidic Sheer Violet & 10 Volume Matrix Cream Developer
Matrix Light Master Bonder Inside and Matrix Color Sync toners are now available on SalonCentric.com.