Source: Courtesy of SexyHair
Learn how to create the perfect textured pony with SexyHair Visionary Team Member and #ItTakesAProTeam Artist Antonio Estrada (@AntEstradaHair). Showcasing how to create a full-length textured pony along with braiding techniques, Antonio also talks through his favorite Sexy Hair artistrypro products to get the look.
SexyHair artistrypro tactile Dry Texture Spray
SexyHair artistrypro avant-guard Heat Protection & Finishing Spray
1. Apply SexyHair artistrypro tactile Dry Texture Spray
• Curl all hair vertically towards the back and away from the face using 1-inch iron.
• Top Profile: Section from the front hairline to crown as well as horizontal partings on both left and right at parietal area.
• Left and Right Profiles: Horizontal partings at parietal, and vertical partings from top of ear to crown.
3. Top Profile: Subdivide into two sections down the center with a horizontal parting off the front hairline.
• Create a three-stranded Dutch braid in the center of both subsections beginning at front hairline.
• Keep braids flat to head with no volume, adding small sections from both sides to each braid.
• Secure ends of all braids with a clear hair elastic.
4. Left and Right Profiles: Create a three-stranded Dutch braid on both left and right sides as executed in top profile.
• Clip all braids onto the top of the head.
5. Back Profile: Subdivide section using a horizontal parting from top of left to top of right ear.
6. Create a ponytail in the lower section at the top parting line.
• Secure base of pony using two bobby pins attached to a clear hair elastic by inserting bobby number one, wrapping around base and then inserting bobby number two in the opposite direction of number one.
• Slice a small section from bottom of pony and wrap around base to hide hair elastic.
• Apply SexyHair artistrypro tactile Dry Texture Spray onto base of pony.
• Working with small, horizontal sections backcomb, internally and expand to widen each section to cover base.
7. Create a ponytail in top section and secure at base using the same technique as above.
• Unclip four braids, adding to base of pony and secure at base using same technique.
• Apply SexyHair artistrypro tactile Dry Texture Spray internally onto base of pony.
• Repeat subsectioning, backcombing and expansion of each as executed on lower pony.
• Apply SexyHair artistrypro avant-guard Heat Protection & Finishing Spray for hold and shine.
• Gently pull to create definition, separation and curled ridges on top.