SexyHair Educator, Dawn Atkinson (@hairartistrybydawn), teaches you how to create a gorgeous boho scarf braid. Showcasing new techniques, tips and tricks, Dawn also shares her favorite SexyHair products.
- artistrypro SexyHair Clean Palette Universal Shampoo
- artistrypro SexyHair Base Coat Universal Conditioner
- artistrypro SexyHair Cutting Edge Lightweight Priming Conditioner
- Style SexyHair Protect Me 450°F Hot Tool Protection Spray
- Style SexyHair Play Dirty Dry Wax Spray
- Big SexyHair Powder Play Lite Soft Volumizing & Texturizing Powder
- Style SexyHair Control Me Thermal Protection Working Hairspray
Prep: Shampoo and condition with artistrypro SexyHair Clean Palette Universal Shampoo and artistrypro SexyHair Base Coat Conditioner. Prime and detangle with artistrypro SexyHair Cutting Edge Lightweight Priming Conditioner. Round brush using artistrypro SexyHair Hand Crafted Blow Dry Protection Serum.
- Starting at the high point of the head, create a halo shaped parting two inches above the occipital.
- Apply Style SexyHair Protect Me from roots to ends for 450-degree heat protection and shine.
- Starting at the right front hairline, working within vertical subsections using a one-inch curling iron, curl hair away from face leaving the ends out. Continue working to center back. Repeat movements on opposite side.
- Drop crown area and section into radial sub-sections. Using Style SexyHair Protect Me, curl each section away from the face.
- Using Style SexyHair Play Dirty for added texture and to polish the curls, rake out the curls.
- Apply Big SexyHair Powder Play Lite throughout crown area for volume and support at the root area.
- Starting on the right-side profile, section out face framing pieces of hair. Next, gather right side profile just above the ear and begin a lace braid with the scarf working across the center back just above the occipital. For this braid, both sides of the scarf will create two strands, and the hair itself will create the third strand. Working across the head shape, add hair from the top only.
- Once you reach the back-left corner, begin incorporating hair from left side profile. Repeat movements, this time working back across to the right-side incorporating hair from both the top and the bottom to create a French braid. Anchor with an elastic.
- Pinch and pull to expand hair. Pin up remaining hair and finish with Style SexyHair Control Me working hairspray to set into place.
Photo: Courtesy of SexyHair
How-To: Beat Dry And Damaged Hair This Winter Season