Photo Credit: Getty/Steve Granitz
If there’s anything we can take away from awards season, it’s the beauty trends of the moment. At the 77th Golden Globe Awards, actress Rachel Bilson of ‘The OC’ and ‘Hart of Dixie’ fame walked the red carpet with a brilliant, beachy brunette hue―a trend du jour for sure.
“Rachel wanted to step away from being an ashy blonde so we created a soft brunette color with some subtle golden highlights and a dimensional, beachy vibe,” says her colorist, Redken Brand Ambassador Cassondra Kaeding (@ckaedingcolor).
“Glossing with Redken Shades EQ Gloss is my favorite way to help my clients achieve their ideal color and give their hair gorgeous shine and luster that’s perfect for the red carpet.”
To recreate Bilson’s beautiful color, check out the formula Kaeding whipped up.
GET THE LOOK
• 2 oz. Redken Flash Lift Bonder Inside + 2 oz. Redken Pro-Oxide Developer 30 Volume
• 0.5 oz. Redken Shades EQ 09N + 0.5 oz. Redken Shades EQ 09NB + 0.5 oz. Redken Shades EQ 09G
• Process with 1.5 oz. Redken Shades EQ Processing Solution for 20 minutes
Root Formula (Zone 1)
• 1 oz. Redken Shades EQ 08N
• Process with 1 oz. Redken Shades EQ Processing Solution for 20 minutes
Gloss Formula (Zone 2 and 3)
• 1.75 oz. Redken Shades EQ 010N + 0.25 Redken Shades EQ 08WG
• Process with 2 oz. Redken Shades EQ Processing Solution for 20 minutes
Maureen is a veteran beauty and style editor having worked at AmericanSalon, Woman’s Day, People StyleWatch and Teen Vogue, and a contributor for CR Fashion Book, Well + Good, Elite Daily and Glam. You can find her reporting on the latest trends from backstage at New York Fashion Week, interviewing celebrities and beauty industry heavyweights, and fashion styling for editorial photo shoots. The self-professed product junkie, super foodie and wannabe hand model is obsessed with rose gold jewelry, the NYC Flower Market and planning her next big getaway.