How-To: Two Curly Techniques For Texture Perfection
Image Source: Courtesy of Biolage
Matrix Artistic Director and Texture Expert Michelle O’Connor (@michelleoconnorbeauty) walks us through the steps for creating these defined and controlled curly looks with two texture techniques you need in your toolbox to service your curly clients this summer. Plus, take note of her product recos that speak to hydrating curls as it’s important to understand that when it comes to moisturizing curls, the right styling combination is often a matter of trial and error since no two heads of curls are exactly alike.
Twist Out Technique
1. Shampoo and condition with the Biolage Ultra Hydraource Shampoo and Conditioning Balm. Leave the Conditioning Balm on for about 15 minutes, and then utilize a steamer or a dryer to really get the most penetration.
2. Apply Biolage Coconut Infusion All-In-One Spray as a leave-in for enhanced moisture retention.
3. Do a two-strand twist using Biolage Smooth Proof Leave In Cream for light hold and anti-humidity benefits.
4. Unravel the two-strand twist set and spray Biolage RAW Replenish Oil Mist all over for extra soft smooth and shiny hair.
Flexirod Set Technique
1. Shampoo and deep condition with Biolage Color Last Shampoo for color treated hair and the Color Last Deep Treatment Pack.
2. Prepare the hair for a flexirod set with Biolage Coconut Infusion All-In-One Spray.
3. Start with the flexirod set using the Biolage Hydra Foaming Styler.
4. Finish by releasing the rods, unraveling the curls and separating by twos and threes. Adding some Biolage Exquisite Oil is a great option for smoothing, nourishing and adding shine to the curls.
Andrew Carruthers’ career as a hairdresser has been extremely diverse. Fueled by over 17 years of full time work in a salon, his experience also includes salon ownership, photographic work, as well as personal and professional coaching. As an educator, Andrew has worked for many national cosmetology brands and is currently the Education Director for Sam Villa®, a brand that provides a wide variety of both online and live education. From small hands-on classes to large stages, his love for supporting others personal growth and sharing his discoveries has been a passion since the early days of his career. Primarily focusing on women’s and men’s haircutting and finishing, his approach to education is all about connecting with the everyday hairdresser and offering them the tools necessary to build a fulfilling and long-lasting career. "I'm not trying to impress the top 5% with what I do, I’m thinking about how I can serve the 95% of our industry that works at XYZ Beauty Salon to make every day stronger in their career.”
griege hair inspo