Giving your clients their dream color time and time again is no simple feat, but Redken's permanent color portfolio works to make your job easier. With so many options to choose from, the color line you select will depend on your clients' starting level and end goal. Whether you're looking for a monochromatic color or need a multi-dimensional shade, there's something for everyone in Redken's permanent color portfolio. To help you decide, we've rounded up the benefits of each color line along with tips for using them based on what your client needs.
COLOR GELS LACQUERS 10 MINUTE
For fast coverage and full control, you'll want Redken's Color Gels Lacquers 10 Minute. This express color provides up to 100% gray coverage in just 10 minutes, allowing you to see more clients in a day without spreading yourself too thin. The liquid format ensures controlled, fast application while Redken's innovative Smart Pause technology prevents overprocessing. This means your color results will be virtually the same between 10 and 15 minutes, providing you ultimate flexibility.
With 14 shades and 1:1 matches with Shades EQ Gloss, Color Gels Lacquers 10 Minute offers high-saturation and lacquer-like shine that will transform the way you do business. From helping you multitask to having time for more walk-ins, this express color line is a must-have addition to your permanent color collection. For celebrity colorist Tracey Cunningham, Color Gels Lacquers 10 Minute is a staple in her portfolio. “This is my go-to when clients just need a quick touch-up,” says Tracey. “It's so easy to fit them in without compromising coverage.”
How To Use:
1. To maintain the most control when covering grays, select a formula no more than two levels lighter than your client's natural hair. All shade families can be used alone to provide gray coverage.
2. Mix 1 oz. Color Gels Lacquers 10 Minute shade with 1 oz. 20 Volume Pro-oxide Cream Developer. Adjust quantity of color and developer as needed while maintaining 1:1 mixing ratio.
3. When mixed, the formula will react with the developer, so apply promptly to dry hair. Apply generously to Zone 1.
4. Process for 10 minutes. Rinse color using preferred Redken shampoo and conditioner.
COLOR GELS LACQUERS
For the shine of a gloss with the saturation and coverage of a lacquer, reach for Redken Color Gels Lacquers. The liquid format makes application simple and fast while still providing up to 100% coverage.
Perfect for full color techniques and coverage, this permanent line is also incredibly versatile. Each of the 37 Color Gels Lacquers shades has a 1:1 shade match with Shades EQ Gloss, making it the perfect color line for blended techniques like color melting. Together, you'll get rich, beautiful color while protecting previously colored hair.
“I love how this gives my clients an intense shine, like a gloss. You'll never have a dull hair moment,” says Redken Brand Ambassador and colorist Cassondra Kaeding.
How To Use:
1. Mix Color Gels Lacquers in a 1:1 ratio with Pro-oxide Cream Developer. For optimal gray coverage, 20-volume developer is recommended.
2. Apply to hair with bottle or brush and bowl and let process for 30-35 minutes.
3. For healthiest haircolor results, retouch Zone 1 with Color Gels Lacquers and refresh Zones 2 and 3 with our demi-permanent Shades EQ Gloss.
4. Rinse and follow with your preferred Redken shampoo and conditioner.
Courtesy of Instagram.com/@_hairbysophiestewart
For healthy-looking, multi-dimensional haircolor, Redken Color Fusion is your best option. This modern permanent cream color has innovative Color Bond Technology that locks in color with intense conditioning and radiant shine. It has a multi-dimensional finish for beautiful, natural-looking results.
Color Fusion is based on an American 10 level system which means that there are more increments of lighter brown shades between levels 2 and 6, allowing for more color formulation options at levels 3,4, and 5.
Redken Brand Ambassador Daniel Mora loves Color Fusion for its natural results, explaining this product “never has an inky, opaque finish. It gives every strand dimension, and never looks fake.
How To Use:
1. Mix in a 1:1 ratio with 10, 20, 30 Pro-oxide Cream Developer for up to three levels of lift. Mix with 40 Pro-oxide Cream Developer for three or more levels of lift.
2. For modern, multi-dimensional gray coverage, formulate with N of Gb families.
3. Apply generously to Zone 1 using fine ¼"-diagonal partings.
4. Process for 35-45 minutes. Rinse and follow with your preferred Redken shampoo and conditioner.
Courtesy of Instagram.com/@beautybyjocelyne
For hair with stubborn grays--typically hair with over 50% gray--opt for Redken Cover Fusion. This low-ammonia 100% coverage color cream features exclusive Revitalage Colorbond Technology to address the specific needs of gray hair. This includes weakened defenses, loss of shine, and loss of elasticity.
These pre-mixed shades provide up to 100% gray coverage. If you're looking to achieve superior, natural reflective, uniform coverage on clients' hair that's over 50% gray, Cover Fusion is the line for you.
“Cover Fusion is my go-to when I need extra gray coverage on even the most stubborn grays,” says Redken Brand Ambassador Cassandra McGlaughlin.
How To Use:
1. Cover Fusion is only to be used with 20-Volume Pro-oxide Cream Developer. Mix in a 1:1 ratio for up to two levels of lift.
2. Apply with a bowl and brush or bottle using a Traditional or Modern Virgin Application.
3. Apply color generously using fine ¼"-diagonal partings. Cross-check application.
4. Process at room temperature for 35 minutes, or up to 45 minutes for more resistant hair types.
5. Rinse and follow with Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner.
Cover Fusion is not intermixable with other Color Fusion shades.
3-Step Routine For Hydrating Client’s Curls
Read time 5 min