Source: Courtesy of Cirépil by Perron Rigot Paris
As the world went into isolation and practiced social distancing, embracing the natural look was less of a choice than a forced reality for many. But as more and more people are finding themselves returning back to work and to a new normal, the beauty industry is being call upon to come to the aid of clients who have largely been left to their own devices, and are now in need of professional beauty services, especially when it comes to waxing.
And just what are the top waxing services being requested of aestheticians right now? According to Cali Vanaelst, Cirépil National Training Director, brow, lip, chin and Brazilian waxing are in demand. “In particular, brow and Brazilian waxing are highly requested because clients have a difficult time maintaining these services on their own,” she says. Before your next client appointment, check out the how-to below to pick up a few tips and tricks for pulling off a more seamless waxing service.
• Cleanse and prepare skin by spraying Cirépil Purifying Blue Lotion on a cotton pad to cleanse and sanitize the area to be waxed. This may also be used post-waxing to cleanse and calm.
• Apply Cirépil Pre-Post Depilatory Oil sparingly prior to waxing on clean skin to protect skin and create a barrier between skin and wax.
• Always tissue blot any residual oil for the most effective hair removal.
• Test the wax temperature on your and your client’s wrists to ensure your client’s comfort before starting the treatment.
• Begin your application near the opening of the nose, then extend your Cirépil Blue Wax using moderate pressure, in the direction of hair growth.
• Remove the wax in the opposite direction of hair growth, staying close to the skin, then apply gentle pressure to the area waxed for client comfort.
• To calm and moisturize the treated area, apply Cirépil Post Refreshing Gel to soothe and cool the skin.