With Halloween festivities upon us, get inspired by this spooky but chic mohawk created by Matrix Artist Mary Baxley-Pierle (@marypierle.hair) to send off your clients in style.
1. Start by cleansing the hair with Moisture Me Rich Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Prep hair by cocktailing High Amplify Foam Volumizer with A Curl Can Dream Lightweight Oil for added volume and shine. Blow dry with a paddle brush.
3. Start by sectioning the top from above the temple and down to the occipital bone. This will be the mohawk. Once this is sectioned out, clip the sides and nape out of the way.
4. Start in the front and create a pony. Hold the band and distress the pony to create volume. Then, spray with Vavoom Triple Freeze Extra Dry to add texture and for up to 24 hours of hold.
Pro Tip: Use clear elastic bands to keep the hair from falling.
5. Take ½-inch to 2-inch sections (depending on how thick or thin the hair is) and create another ponytail. Distress like before and spray with Vavoom Triple Freeze Extra Dry.
6. Continue this pattern down the mohawk. When you reach the end, have your guest hold it or clip it out of the way.
7. Next, comb the sides and below the occipital bone into a low pony. Taking the outside of the ponytail, band together and distress. When distressing starting on the outside and working toward the center. Continue this pattern down the length of the hair.
8. Combine the mohawk section and lower "braid" together at the ends. Weave two large bobby pins between each braid to hold them together.
9. Add your favorite Halloween accessories.
Watch the full tutorial here along with a few other styles to inspire your Halloween crafted looks.
4 Express Holiday Services To Grow Salon Revenue