Social media has forever changed the game for today’s beauty professional. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and more, have enabled an explosion of exposure and the kind of reach never before imagined. And recognizing that it’s about more than just followers and likes, but rather consistent engagement that translates into referrals and revenue is key. Nina L. Kovner, Chief Awesomeness Empowerer at Passion Squared (@passionsquared) shares five essential tips for building an engaged audience to empower and grow your business through social media.
1. Know your brand voice, vibe and audience.
2. Focus on solving problems and delivering value to your chosen audience.
3. Work on building relationships, connecting with your tribe, answering DM’s, responding to comments. Focus on the people.
4. Commit to consistently capturing and sharing content.
5. Be super intentional when using hashtags and location tags.
These are awesome tools to help you be more discoverable, but you must ensure you are being discovered by potential new clients, not random people around the world.
Remember the 3 H’s of Hashtags:
1. Local hashtags in your area. This is often overlooked but so important. Most towns these days have their own hashtags. Do some research, think about where your clients and future clients live and play, and use those hashtags.
2. Your branded hashtag, always. This is also how your clients can share their experiences online in a way you can find the posts and respond to them.
3. Content related hashtags. Be sure the hashtags you use actually connect to the content you are sharing.
Stop comparing yourself to others and doing what others do. They are not you. And their goals and objectives are not the same as yours. The more time you spend comparing yourself to others the less time you have to care for your tribe.