SexyHair Educator, Ingrid Young (@nurseofhair), teaches you how to create an amazing Comb Curls Afro showcasing new techniques, tips and tricks, and her favorite SexyHair products to achieve this look.
Healthy SexyHair Seal the Deal Split End Mender Lotion
Big SexyHair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray
Big SexyHair Spritz & Stay Fast Drying Intense Hold Non-Aerosol Hairspray
1. Using Healthy SexyHair Seal the Deal Split End Mender Lotion, begin separating curls throughout the entire head shape in half, taking care to not disrupt curl pattern.
2. Using a pick, lift the hair up at front right hairline for extra lift.
3. Spray Big SexyHair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray to pick comb and continue to lift hair at the root area. Keep applying Big SexyHair Spray & Play to continue to expand the shape.
4. Use hairpins at the base to provide additional support and lift at the root area.
5. In the back profile, lifting hair up, apply Big SexyHair Spray & Play at the root area and allow it to fully dry before releasing section.
6. Using a pick comb, backcomb vertical subsections at the base for expansion. For additional volume in the back, tilt head over and use Big SexyHair Spray & Play for maximum lift and hold.
7. Then, using a blow dryer with a nozzle, direct airflow upwards at base to lock in volume.
Finish the look by spritzing the shape with Big SexyHair Spritz & Stay Fast Drying Intense Hold Non-Aerosol Hairspray, and secure into place by using a blow dryer with a nozzle directing airflow upwards at base.
Detail with hairpins for additional support.
Source: Courtesy of SexyHair
How-To: Beat Dry And Damaged Hair This Winter Season
Read time 5 min